Saturday, June 19, 2010

Has anyone else spent the last week trying to get through to Tax Credits helpline?

I have had to phone through to tax credits helpline to renew our claim and inform of a change in income. Last night, I was on the phone for 2 hours constantly redialling only to get the engaged tone or to get through to the next menu and then get the engaged tone. OR worse still, get through both menus only to be told that the helpline is very busy %26quot;Please try later%26quot;. No option to hold, they just hang up. I was tempted not to bother but will then have a nasty letter saying I owe them money. So, this morning, I tried for another hour and a half. Eventually got through this afternoon. I knew that it would be busy but surely, we should have the option to hold, even if it takes half an hour it%26#039;s better than getting cut off.



Before anyone starts judging me, at the moment I claim approx 鎷?9 per month Child Tax Credit and this will reduce to about 鎷?6 per month at renewal. I am not a sponger from the system, my husband and I both work hard and pay over 鎷?000 tax between us each month



Has anyone else spent the last week trying to get through to Tax Credits helpline?

Firstly, your not a sponger, Tax Credits are money that is yours, you work for it and deserve every penny you get.



I work in a housing/council tax benefit section for a local councl and we sometimes have to ring them to clarify claimants details. We have a special dedicated number which is normally answered straight away, even this has taken longer than normal during the last few days. I would love to give the number out but as you will appreciate I am not allowed to.



I know its not nice holding for ages or been told to ring back but anyone reading this, remember one thing, it is your money and your entitled to it so keep at it.



One other reason for the delay in getting through could be that it is the deadline for reapplying on 31 July 2007 so a lot of people will be ringing to renew their claims



Has anyone else spent the last week trying to get through to Tax Credits helpline?

I am in the same boat as yourself like loads of others out there. It takes us ages to get through but if we don%26#039;t they get in touch a couple of DAYS later asking for money WE owe them



Don%26#039;t forget to update the first chance you get Report It



Has anyone else spent the last week trying to get through to Tax Credits helpline?

you should try to get through to job centre plus regional head quarters at Canterbury took me 2 weeks



Has anyone else spent the last week trying to get through to Tax Credits helpline?

You were infront of me in the q, I think their computers went down the phone line was like that for hours yesterday - And there%26#039;s nothing wrong with claiming what you%26#039;re entitled too.... well done

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive