Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tax questions?

I did my taxes on TurboTax and already e-filed and everything. I sent in everything with all the information. I sent in everything on the 1st of February. Well, on the 3rd of February, I received a 1099-Misc with and Unemployment Compensation in the amount of $2900. I was suppose to get $1500 back on my federal taxes and $348 on my state taxes. I received the child tax credit and am married with a Adj. Gross Income of $37,000 dollars.



How am I suppose to make the changes to my W-2%26#039;s and how much will this affect me?



On turbo-tax, where am i suppose to go to re-file this form?



Tax questions?

You can use TurboTax to do the calculations, but not to re-file. You%26#039;ll have to do an amended return, Form 1040-X, which you can download from the IRS website. Don%26#039;t forget to amend your State as well.



Tax questions?

You%26#039;re going to have to file an amended tax form (1040-X) and include these new forms/numbers. You don%26#039;t say what state you%26#039;re in, but since your taxable income changes on your federal, you%26#039;ll have to change it on your state form too. Call your state tax office or check online for what form you%26#039;ll need to amend your state tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive