Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tax Rebate/ Injured Spouse Form filled Out Incorrectly.?

Husband Got offset So I Got a 8739 form Was Not sure How To fill It So I Call H And R Block And Ask My Tax Prep To Fill It Out For Me. When I Got The form Back From Her I Noticed That All The Exemptions and Child Tax credits Where In His Column. But Because Of Not Knowing I Mailed It In. I called The IRS A Few Days Ago To Find Out If She Had Filled It Out Wrong Which We Believed She Did. On The Other Hand, They Told Me As Soon As I Get The First Refund I Need To File A Amendment. Here Is The Question. When I Filing the 8379 It Take A Good 6 To 8 Weeks Maybe Longer To Receive The Refund. So I Am Looking For It In april And Then Turn Around And File Amendment On Getting Half Of The Child Tax Credit. Which I Would Guess It Will Take Another 6 To 8 weeks. Since It Is Will Take That Long Will I Receive A Tax Rebate On the Children? Can I Go Ahead and File Amendment Now?Would I Get the Rebate For A The Child Or Will It Go To His debt ?



Tax Rebate/ Injured Spouse Form filled Out Incorrectly.?

go ahead and amend now with the correct 8739 form, make sure you get the child credit .. there is no splitting it, you%26#039;ll get it all.. all your numbers should be in the center column of the form allocating what goes to you.. I do apologize on behalf of hr block that your tax pro didn%26#039;t correctly fill out that form... (i am also an employee)... once the corrected 8739 is sent in don%26#039;t worry about sending another for the stimulus package it will be retroactive for this tax season only



Tax Rebate/ Injured Spouse Form filled Out Incorrectly.?

were the children your qualifying children, his or both? Did you ask HR why they filled the form out this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive